Positions currently being offered:
- Mechanics: 0 open positions
- Lead Mechanic: 0 open positions
- Manager: opens once a year, during Spring quarter. Check https://jobs.asuw.org/positions for the application.
- Volunteers: Positions open on a rolling basis. See below.
- Bike shop mechanics are expected to be able to multi-task repairs and customer service, to be aware of all the services and activities offered at the bike shop, and aware of the rules and expectations of employees of the ASUW. The bulk of the job will require repairing bikes, but there is also a lot of walk-in traffic and customer relations. Mechanics are expected to ask questions where they don’t know the answers, and to actively seek improvement of their understanding of the mechanics of bicycles. Hours vary depending on availability each quarter.
- How to apply:
- Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the shop
- Volunteering is a great way to become a part of the bike shop. Whether you’re a seasoned mechanic, or bike enthusiast, volunteering at the bike shop is a great way to gain experience working with bicycles. We are very fortunate to have many specific tools and a great team of mechanics who each have an extensive knowledge about bikes. Volunteers are allowed and encouraged to work on customer’s bikes under the supervision of a mechanic or shop manager. Volunteers can be scheduled specific work hours, or can drop by when they have the time. If you are a current UW student (undergrad/grad) interested in volunteering we’d love to hear from you!
- How to apply:
- Please stop by the shop or send an email to email@example.com and let us know a little about yourself and which days you’re interested in volunteering.